Thursday, February 25, 2010

Moist and Delicious Banana Bread....


Good Thursday afternoon!

I spent my late morning/early afternoon baking banana bread and thought I'd share my recipe with all of you. It's a big hit around here and doesn't last very long at all!

Banana Bread

2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter *
2 bananas
5 tablespoons milk

Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter. Beat the egg slightly and mix into creamed mixture with the bananas. Add sifted dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in milk. Spread batter into a greased and floured loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before serving.

*Unless otherwise noted, I use salted butter in all of my recipes because we prefer the taste.*

I hope you give it a try and come back and let me know what you think!

Many Blessings,
M.

2 comments:


My photo
Wife, sister, daughter and friend....God is good! Welcome!





Designed By:

Elements by Veronica


Stamp’n Upstairs
Melissa's heart and home
Sugar Pie Farmhouse
Photobucket
The Farm Chicks
Share Your Creations
Prettify Your Life