Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Babies, Bags and More....

Good morning!

Before I get carried away with my long to do list today, I thought I'd share a project I worked on last week.

I was not able to attend a baby shower for a friend who is expecting her first child on March 1st but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a little something to celebrate this special time!

Her colors for the nursery are chocolate brown, hot pink, light pink and a sage green. SO CUTE! I decided to use those colors when choosing my gift bag, tissue paper and card. Anyone who knows me knows that presentation is a big thing for me....yes, this is just one of many quirks you'll get to learn about me this time around! I discovered a long time ago that I can get carried away with bags, bows and wrapping paper so to make things a little simpler, I choose papers and bags that can be used for many different occasions. And since I refuse to pay $5.00 or more for a card I always make my own. In the future I'll show my gift wrapping solutions, but for now here is the card...

and here is the card attached to the bag.....

I don't believe you have to spend an arm and a leg to create something beautiful. The gift bag was $1.49, the hot pink tissue was .99 cents and I made the card with supplies I had on hand. For under $3.00 I was able to give something beautiful that came from the heart. How can you go wrong with that?

I'd love to hear your gift wrap solutions!

Many Blessings,
M.

3 comments:

  1. The picture does not do it justice. When I was able to see it in person I think it was very stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute! You're very creative! Did you make the card with a punch? I enjoy scrapbooking and card making as well,but mine aren't that creative. Great job!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete


My photo
Wife, sister, daughter and friend....God is good! Welcome!





Designed By:

Elements by Veronica


Stamp’n Upstairs
Melissa's heart and home
Sugar Pie Farmhouse
Photobucket
The Farm Chicks
Share Your Creations
Prettify Your Life