Thursday, August 23, 2012

Book Review: The Harvest of Grace.....

 

Good afternoon!  

If you've been a reader of mine for any length of time, you know I am a big fan of both Amish Fiction and Historical Fiction and I'm back today to share my thoughts on one of three books I've recently finished.  Enjoy!

The Harvest of Grace by Cindy Woodsmall is book three of the Ada's House Series and while I have not read books one and two, I was immediately drawn into their story.  The author did an excellent job of introducing the complex characters in a way that made you feel like you had already read the first two books and for quick reference included a complete list of the characters in the back of the book.

Sylvia Fisher is a young and hard working Old Order Amish woman.  Her story begins with a betrayal forcing her from her family, home and all that she's known.

Aaron Blank is fresh out of alcohol rehab and is looking to sell the family farm that Sylvia fled to in her time of need.  Needless to say, these two clash but in the end find a common ground in both their faith and a growing love for one another.

Grace....what a beautiful word!

Thank you to Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing Group for providing this book for free for my honest review!  

Many Blessings,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment


My photo
Wife, sister, daughter and friend....God is good! Welcome!





Designed By:

Elements by Veronica


Stamp’n Upstairs
Melissa's heart and home
Sugar Pie Farmhouse
Photobucket
The Farm Chicks
Share Your Creations
Prettify Your Life