Monday, August 2, 2010
Completing Him Challenge.....Respect Your Husband!
It's week number 8 already in our summer challenge! This week is a good one and because Courtney said it so well, I'm going to use her words instead of mine.
Ephesians 5:33 says "Each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself and the wife must respect her husband."
God's command to wives is to respect our husband's.....unconditionally. Here are a few universal ways a wife can disrespect her husband...
1. The wife rolling her eyes at him.
2. The wife criticizing him.
3. The wife complaining to her mother or girlfriends about his flaws.
4. The wife not respecting his knowledge, opinions or decisions.
5. The wife nagging him or assuming the worst in his actions.
6. The wife using sarcasm to communicate bitterness.
7. The wife disrespecting his work, protection, provision or leadership.
8. The wife disrespecting his need for physical intimacy.
This week take some time to assess your husband's respect-o-meter. Ask him what makes him feel respected and disrespected. And then weed out those disrespectful thoughts and attitudes and exchange them for respectful ones.
And remember.....you respect your husband for who God is and His commands. You respect your husband because of who you are and your character. You respect your husband because you have been given grace and you freely give it. You respect your husband because of your vows at the marriage alter. And your respect your husband because because you indeed love him and desire to please him.
I couldn't have said it better myself Courtney!
Have a good week!