Monday, August 16, 2010
Completing Him Challenge....Assess Your Marriage!
Our summer Completing Him Challenge from Women Living Well is drawing to a close today and I for one am so glad I participated! The truth is that we can get so caught up in our daily lives that we forget to acknowledge the many blessings we are surrounded with every day. If you weren't able to join us, I would highly recommend going through your own 8 Week Challenge and really take the time to make your relationship a priority! Here's a recap of all the challenges:
1. Remember your dating days and what made you fall in love in the first place.
2. Remember your sacred vows.
3. Remember to ask your husband how you can pray for him daily.
4. Remember to tell your husband how you admire him.
5. Remember to keep your priorities in line.
6. Remember to follow your husband's lead and vision for your family.
7. Remember to respect your husband.
8. Remember to kiss him like you mean it!
As for how our marriage went this summer, I'm happy to report that it is strong. The summer challenge came just as we were entering our "God Watch" season with a job loss. God was faithful and provided well for us for the the 7 weeks we were without work and Chris got a new job last Monday! While finances can be a sticky spot for some couples, we have worked really hard to stay on the same page with similar goals and expectations and constantly communicate our needs and desires in this area.
Thank you Courtney for challenging me this way and I look forward to future challenges!