Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Drawerless Kitchen?

Many of you know that this is what my kitchen currently looks like.....

It's simply not in the budget to completely gut and update it in the way that I would like but trust me when I say, I'm collecting ideas for what I want when it IS in the budget!

Here's a close up of the drawers...

The other night, Chris and I were talking about adding a dishwasher. Right now, I am the the dishwasher and while there are only two of us living here, it only takes a spoon, coffee mug and a bowl to make it look cluttered in our little kitchen! I was surprised to discover that it would only be somewhere between $275-$325 to add one. The only problem is that it would have to go where the three drawers are just to the right of the sink. That would leave us without any drawers at all. Is this a problem? How would we store linens and silverware? Do any of you have drawer less kitchens?

I was thinking that something like this might work for our silverware tray inside a cabinet.....

Or maybe something like this.....

I'd love to hear your ideas and any pros and cons you might think of that I haven't thought of yet!

I'm taking the Memorial Day Weekend off from blogging and will be back on Tuesday. Enjoy some time with your friends and family and don't forget to spend a moment to acknowledge those who have fought for our freedom!

Many Blessings,
M.

7 comments:

  1. Melissa I do think it would be great for you to have a dishwasher and would add value to your home. I see what you mean about the no drawers though. Hmmm...I do like the photos you found. They provide storage options it seems. Good luck deciding. Your kitchen is really pretty. I love the faucet.

    Happy Memorial Day Weekend! ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa,I have only one drawer in my kitchen with a door underneath. I took pics of what i have if you email me i could send you them so you could see if it would do the trick for you.
    When they put the cupboards in,they ordered the wrong cabinets for the drawers so we got a rebate and agreed to go with this set up.
    Btw,my kitchen is so way smaller than yours,I would die to have all those cupboards,but we live in an apt. Anyways,here's my email.
    craftscar@hotmail.com
    Hugs,Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa!

    The pretty "M" frames are made by Kristen at Kristens Creations. I'm sure she would not mind at all. I am about the least crafty person on the planet and don't make a thing. *Smiles*

    Happy Memorial Weekend! ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you thought about taking one of the doors off and adding some baskets and if needed another shelf. I've seen this done and it looks very cute and gives you the same use as drawers. The pull out glides are great, I have a few of them myself and I really like them. I know I would be lost without a dishwasher. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have any other wall space? We have a small, battered four-drawer chest in our kitchen to compensate for not many drawers, but it's a much older house with primitive setup compared to yours. We have a half-sized portable dishwasher that was worth every penny, even if there are only two people living here, so I totally understand where you're coming from. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen looks so clean and uncluttered, Melissa! I could certainly learn some tips from you. ;) I hope you're enjoying your Memorial weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Melissa,

    I found your blog by way of Ashley's Maillardville Manor blog.
    How about a white cermic crock you leave on the counter for silverware. Or even three smaller ones clustered together. One for knives, one for spoons the other for forks?

    ReplyDelete


My photo
Wife, sister, daughter and friend....God is good! Welcome!





Designed By:

Elements by Veronica


Stamp’n Upstairs
Melissa's heart and home
Sugar Pie Farmhouse
Photobucket
The Farm Chicks
Share Your Creations
Prettify Your Life