Friday, April 1, 2011

Radical....What is Jesus Worth To You?

What is Jesus worth to you?

If that line doesn't catch your attention, I don't know what will! It's taken me 2 1/2 months to get through David Platt's Radical because it's so full of truth that I had a hard time processing it all!

This book has the potential to change the lives of every believer in Jesus Christ around the world. From the beginning to the end of the book David has you asking yourself questions that you may not want to answer!

What did Jesus' ministry actually look like?
How does that compare to the modern day church?
What is our purpose in this life?
What are you willing to give up in order for those who desperately need the gospel to hear it?

The American experience as a believer is completely different than our brother's and sister's in Christ outside of the United States. When was the last time I suffered for what I believe? Our account of persecution is nothing compared to others! And while I found my emotions going from confusion to frustration at times throughout the book, I finished it with a clearer understanding of what God is asking His children to do.

I think every Christian should read this book!

Thank you Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing Group for giving me this free copy of Radical to read as part of your reviewing program.


3 comments:

  1. Melissa, you just reminded me that I ran into a good friend recently who told me that her pastor had her whole church reading and studying this book and I believe I would like to read it. Thanks for the heads-up. I don't think 'church' bears much resemblance to the early one; it's turned into a schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you finally made it through the book!

    It was really a powerful book in my opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your incite on this book, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete


My photo
Wife, sister, daughter and friend....God is good! Welcome!





Designed By:

Elements by Veronica


Stamp’n Upstairs
Melissa's heart and home
Sugar Pie Farmhouse
Photobucket
The Farm Chicks
Share Your Creations
Prettify Your Life